Re: Charging problems revisited

To: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Charging problems revisited
From: Steve Allen <dumpdude@pon.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2001 10:25:26 -0700
Adam,

It very well could be the new alternator. Take it off and have it tested. Most
places will do it free of charge-like Kragen's. When I put my single wire in I
also put a volt gauge in under the dash to the left of the steering wheel. That
way you can visually see how much voltage your alternator is putting out. I
like a volt guage better than an amp gauge just for that reason. I am working
on my '66 and I plan on replacing the amp gauge with a volt gauge on that
one. I guess you already know about having to blip the throttle to get the
alternator to begin charging. That is another reason I like the volt gauge as
you
can see it do its things once you blip the throttle. Any way-good luck-it
cannot be too much wrong as it seemed to work for the most part.

Steve
67.5 stroked 2 liter
66 in pieces
RP, CA