Re: new exhaust - resonator or resonator tip?

To: ambradley@yahoo.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: new exhaust - resonator or resonator tip?
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 14:16:08 EDT
In a message dated 6/25/01 9:48:10 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
ambradley@yahoo.com writes:

>  am getting new exhaust from the header back today and wanted to know
> opinions on a full-blown resonator vs. a dual tip with built-in
> resonator.  Should I avoid the tip?  It looks a litle "cooler" than
> just a hollow dual tip

I can't see any reason to avoid a res. tip. There really is no backpressure
to speack of involved - it's basically an itty bitty little "glass-pack/
cherry bomb" muffler.

My 70 1600 has a baby-turbo and a single outlet res. tip on it. It helps just
enough to tone-down any "sharp" ehxaust noise. (Without making the car sound
like leaf-blower that sucked up a bunny ,  like so many of today's "RiCeR"
cars. Nothing worse than a car that *sounds* interesting but really isn't. ).

If you like the look - go for it ! Besides, a Roadster is unique enough that
you don't need to announce it from miles away with silly exhaust noises.

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
69 SRL311
Chandler, AZ