Re: An ending and a beginning (advice needed)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, "Andrew Murphy"
Subject: Re: An ending and a beginning (advice needed)
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 11:44:29 -0800
Andrew,

Don't peel the chrome trim! It may seem tough at times to get at the nuts
holding the clips in place, but it's worth the effort. Otherwise you'll put
bends and scrapes in the trim if you pull them off the clips.

The nuts are something like 5/16 inch. Try to use a magnetic socket or
wrench to get at them. Because once you get them and the washers loose, if
they fall into the fender-wells kiss them goodbye. Then again, maybe you
don't mind that and have lots of replacement nuts and washers. Some of them
are easy to get to, from the trunk. Others, not so easy.

The doors are easy once you remove the window hardware, very easy to do.

The trim piece on the front hood air scoop can be peeled off starting at the
corners. It's a friction fit.

I remember Tom Phelan's account of stripping his car at Les' shop. He mentioned
tossing all the screws and nuts etc. into a big bin. Maybe that article is still
posted somewhere on the 'net.

Have fun!
Fred - So.SF
BADROC