Re: ALL DATSUN! (long)

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ALL DATSUN! (long)
From: <eddie@ratdat.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 00:00:41 -0000
Okay, here's my angle on this...

Unity between Datsun owners in the US in the past and at present isn't a
necessity but it will be in the future. Why? Because when the numbers of
roadworthy cars declines there simply won't be enough for individual models
to have their own clubs. Look at the situation here in the UK. Here's some
numbers... there are, at the last count sixteen 510s, ten 1200 coupes, six
610SSS, eleven 710SSS, ten or so roadsters (Rob?) etc etc... that's the
official figures of roadworthy cars in the whole country! If we had a
national 510 club it would have four members because thats all that's in the
Datsun club. Not really feasable. Yet together we have 300 members and
probably well in excess of 400 cars and that's not counting the Zs. Strength
in numbers. Just imagine how many members a national club there would have!

And, yes... if there's an East Coast Datsun show I'll be there :-)

Cheers,
Eddie
England
1969 SRL311
eddie@ratdat.com
www.ratdat.com

> Hall, Phillip wrote
>
> >Hey Chris and all -
> >
> >No flames here.  On the East Coast event - I have been talking to Paul
Kort,