ALL DATSUN! (long)

To: "'datsunroadsters@egroups.com'" <datsunroadsters@egroups.com>,
Subject: ALL DATSUN! (long)
From: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.Hall@msfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 14:13:52 -0600
Hey Chris and all -

No flames here.  On the East Coast event - I have been talking to Paul Kort,
and the guys at MADROC about setting something up next year.  The TN town of
Bristol has come up as an "in between" place to meet.  Also, the first of
June seems to be agreeing with everyone's schedule.  I would very much
welcome your thoughts so we can get this ironed out the first of the year.
SEROC will work very hard to make this happen!!!

We at SEROC welcome all Datsuns.  There is not one Roadster owner that would
not love to have a Z or 510.  I would say that we open the East Coast event
to all Datsuns.  I feel that if we can get the East Coast event underway
with all Datsuns, like Shasta, then the possibilities of a National Datsun
Rally is much closer.  As is an all Datsun magazine and National club.  Some
Z car owners might not like Roadsters, but I think most appreciate our cars
as much as we like the Z.  If we show we can be united and ignore people
that are disruptive in nature, we can help to get all Datsuns together.

All the ROCs across this country (world) would love to get together.  The
logistics of this is hard, but a National Rally is doable.  A National
Registry is well under way (thanks to Roman Rist and Mark Dent) and should
be pushed for more participation.  I am as guilty at the rest for not
pushing this harder.  With the registry we have essentially started the
National Roadster club, which then could be incorporated into a National
Datsun club and event.  I don't know the workings of starting/publishing a
magazine, but as we get closer to a National Datsun movement, someone that
is in the right position to start a magazine will step forward.  The guys
against it will be left hanging.

I have been on this list for a year and it is wonderful!!!!  But like Chris
said, lets get together - clubs, vendors, owners.  The Roadster people are
GREAT and if we act as ambassadors of all Datsun cars we can make a
difference - people will come to us!  I congratulate Mike,  Doug, Calspeed,
and others for "crossing the fence" - we all need to do more of this.
Remember - we are DATSUN then ROADSTER, DATSUN then 510, DATSUN then Z.

Sorry for the ranting - must be the snowy, cold nonRoadstering weather.

Phil
SEROC