RE: Starter removal try again

To: "'steve car'" <steve_car@hotmail.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Starter removal try again
From: "Laury, Victor" <LauryV@MTA.NET>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 15:17:50 -0800
Steve,

An addendum to my last post. Long starters suck! but if you can get it out
from between the manifold and the nose out of the bell housing, you can get
it out between the frame and the body. Since it's longer, it's hard to
rotate it in the limited space available. You may have to remove the exhaust
manifold in order to clear the snout. The last long starter I was involved
with, everything on that side was disassembled.