Re[2]: '67 2000 #36 for sale (not mine)

To: JAY FORD <jay.ford@adtran.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re[2]: '67 2000 #36 for sale (not mine)
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 18:19:41 -0800
Run away from it!

I've looked at some '67.5 2000's for sale in the past. Some of them were
pure junk at a relatively low cost. Others were at a much higher price but
decent.

If it were up to me, I'd always start with the decent ones. For example, I
was offered one for $2500. I figured that it would cost me at least $8000
to make it decent. That's decent, not great. Just about everything was
rusted through or missing, a total wreck. I didn't want to waste a few
years of my life on that!

I was also offered some decent ones, in the $5000 to $7000 range (a couple
years ago, wish I bought one). These were relatively rust-free, really good
chrome and paint. I figured they'd cost me from nothing to $2000 to spruce
up. And be done in a few weeks.

Mind you, I'm talking only about '67.5 2000 roadsters. You want a rare car, shop
around for some quality. Don't waste your time. The objective is to have a rare
car to be proud of. Why not be proud right away by buying a quality example.

Just my 2 cents. (Someday I'll get one...)

Fred - So.SF
BADROC