Re: A Great Deal Isn't That Without a Title

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A Great Deal Isn't That Without a Title
From: Daniel E McHatton <hallosb@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 22:06:45 -0700
You folks have got to move out of the big city.  Here in small town
Sierra Vista, Arizona, you get one inspection on your first registration
(they look for the VIN only) and then it's just a once every two years
mail in license renewal.  No smog check ever.

I can't believe they still check your cars.  I'm an Arizona transplant,
also.  When I lived in Texas,  1960's cars were expempt from the smog
check.  Things may have changed.  It's been a long time, since I lived
there.

BTW, the frame number is on the driver's side of the frame, forward of
the carbs, on top.  It took me a while to find mine due to some gunk
buildup, but if you look hard you'll find it.  It's stamped in the frame
and in my case very difficult to read.