going nuts!

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: going nuts!
From: "Pam & Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 20:10:51 -0800
Took a break from interior and wiring struggles and started putting my
shiny, chromy bits back on the car. Things were looking great until I hit
the tail light and reflector assemblies. I can't seem to locate any nuts in
my dwindling (yay!) supply that will screw onto the studs sticking out the
backside of the assemblies. I don't see any real problem with the threads,
even under magnification. I have even tried new stainless nuts of various
SAE and metric sizes. No luck. The backup light assembly that goes thru the
rear bumper also has what appears to be the same threads as the reflectors
and it has not been plated at all, yet no nut shall pass! I

'm fed up with the buggers and need to chase the threads. What size for the
reflectors and tail lights? I recall that changes were made from SAE to
metric during certain years. Mine's an early 67.

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA
67 1600
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=881168&a=6499541