Wheel Offset

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Wheel Offset
From: bob_wilson@agilent.com
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 10:45:06 -0600
Hi List,

I think this has been mentioned lately but I can't find it anywhere in my
"saved stuff".  What is the correct OFFSET for my '70 1600 wheels?  I am
looking at various wheels and forgot what this is supposed to be.  How much
can a new wheel differ from the correct offset and still be ok?  Looking at
the TSW website under Mazda wheels shows some that have a range in offset,
like +15 to +40.  Does this mean these wheels come in various sizes of
offsets, or that there are spacers to make the offset be within this range?

Am trying to find a nice alternative to my factory wheels.

Thanks for any advice.

Bob Wilson  '70 1600 28383  (Had my windshield put in last night and we're
looking more like a real car now!)