Re[2]: Insurance Recommendations

To: "Ryan; Richard" <RRyan@frk.com>
Subject: Re[2]: Insurance Recommendations
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 13:25:47 -0700
On 8/23/2000 Dick Ryan wrote:

<snip>
>DO NOT LOOSE SIGHT OF THE REAL REASON TO BY INSURANCE.  It is to pay
>for losses that you can't afford to pay for.  How could this happen?
>Something goes wrong and you kill or injure others.

<snip>
>I hope this doesn't sound like preaching.  I don't want you to loose
>everything you own if one mistake or problem occurs.

Scary stuff! We all like to think that we're in control out on the road,
and that other guys cause all the accidents. But this dialog reminds me of
what happened to one of my relatives. She was strolling home from the local
grocery store with a couple bags of groceries. She's short, and I suppose a
fellow didn't see her when he backed out of his driveway, running her down.
Her injuries were extensive, and the lawsuit netted her close to $400,000.
One little mistake and you can lose your shirt (and everything else) like
that guy did!

Think I'm going to check my liability coverage...

Fred - So.SF, CA
BADROC