brake conversion - My 2 cents

To: "'Thomas Walter'" <ra0618@email.sps.mot.com>,
Subject: brake conversion - My 2 cents
From: "Laury, Victor" <LauryV@MTA.NET>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 13:38:48 -0700
When I first got my roadster the brakes were terrible! I pulled out of the
Previous Owners Driveway and across three lanes of traffic! I first
attributed this to the fact that they were non-assisted, But that didn't
hold up for long. I took it to my first Doheny show, and had Gary Cohan
drive it. His comment was "What's up with your brakes?". Changed pads to
even more problems. Now the pistons were in new possitions, obviously where
there was plenty of pitting. So now I had leaking, crummy brakes instead of
just crummy brakes. Four new pistons and Axxis Metal Masters and WOW Now
those are brakes. Outstanding! Now I can realize why these units were used
on the "E" type Jags and the 3800lb Jensen Interceptors. Not much of a
challenge dragging down our 2100lb cars! I looked up these Porterfield R4S's
that Tom spoke of and at $99.00 a set I don't know just how much better they
can be.