oops! wheel stud error

To: "'roadster.netlist'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: oops! wheel stud error
From: "Ofarrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 12:19:29 -0700
Last night I was installing new lug nuts, cuz the old ones were worn (and
worn looking) and I was one short on one front wheel.
It turns out it was short one because the stud was banjaxed, and in the
semi-darkness I managed to get the nut on a turn or a maybe only a half
turn, but now the nut and the stud are turning together.  Won't go on, won't
come off. Just spin in unison.
I have aftermarket aluminum rims with a honeycomb/web type center, and the
stud and bolt are recessed into a counterbore.
Anyone got any bright ideas on removing this mess?
I'll probably wait till the weekend to get my trusty lil' hacksaw and make
like The Great Escape.

Fingers crossed for no flats,
Fergus
69 2000