Re: back fire on Jag

To: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.Hall@msfc.nasa.gov>,
Subject: Re: back fire on Jag
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 19:27:46 -0400
Phil,

Stopped in at a Jag shop today where there were a whole bunch of Es and
others. The guy laughed when we discussed Jags and the word reliability in
the same sentence. Seems he makes a lot of money working on those "crumpet
catchers."

When I was 15 my uncle offered me his 64 E for free as he was being
transferred from NY to LA and didn't want to pay to have the car
transported. My father heard of this and put an end to the conversation. He
knew what his brother went through w/the car and refused to have anything to
do with it.

Oh well!!!!!

Mike

BTW, my dad owned a 289 Cobra at the time and thought that was 1 too many
British cars in the family. Reliability and comfort could not be mentioned
in the same sentence w/that car either. You know, Lucas. Ford generator and
Lucas electrics.