Winshield wipers?

To: <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Winshield wipers?
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 17:13:54 -0400
  Woke up at 3 Am to the sounds of thunder and heavy rains.  Laid awake for
3 hours listening to the rains continue.  So much for autocross today!  So I
might as well see what I can fix on the 1600.
  The right turn indicator hasn't blinked in months.  What would Clyde do?
Oh yeah, KISS!, as in Keep It Simple Stupid.  Start with the simplest thing
first.  Well the front bulb was okay.  the upper rear bulb was fine, but the
lower rear bulb was a pain removing.  Rusted socket!  Must have gotten some
rain inside this spring.  A touch of emery cloth and I can legally turn
right again.
  Now for the windshield wipers that stopped in the middle of the MidOhio
Saturday afternoon down pour back in June.  Fuse looks good.  All the wires
are good and the ground is clean.  Now if I can only find my meter to start
testing circuits.
  To hours later, ... I have found half a dozen screwdrivers, numerous nuts
and bolts from previous repairs, but no meter.  So until I can find where it
got put away last, has anybody else struggled with late model wipers?  Any
weak point I should look for?

TIA,

Paul
OROC
Still raining in Ohio!  At least yesterday I got out for an exciting run
through the country side curtsey of the Cleveland Alfa Club.  And after 20
miles of following 12 Alfas at speed, you kind of get used to the smell of
fine Italian castings and warm Castrol!  Ended the day watching sail planes
at a local airport.  Too many wanted to go up so I didn't get a chance to
fly, but I did have fun!