lengths we go to for our roadsters

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: lengths we go to for our roadsters
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 12:45:03 EDT
In a message dated 8/3/00 5:01:47 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
willie2570@hotmail.com writes:

> Hello List,
>  Recently joined the list and acquired a 1970 SRL311 14359.  The white
>  roadster was really in good shape when I bought it, but the engine did not
>  run.  After purchasing, I had the car trucked from Northern California to
>  Denton, Texas.

and so on...... love that story, thats what it's all about eh?

One thing that still amazes me  - heard (read!) it lots of times on the list
here: The lengths folks go to get these cars ! Everytime I turn around
someone is dragging/has hauled a car clear across the states. Even tho' our
cars may not be publically recognized as "highly collectable" this sorta
thing just shows what kind of dedication/devotion we roadster owners have for
our cars. <G> In all my dealings w/ brit cars, I've never head of an owner
going to such trouble to acquire a MGB or Spitfire or whathaveya thats *sorta
equivalent* (you know what I mean!). I guess this just shows that us Roadster
owners are that much different from "the rest of the crowd."

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
69 SRL311
Chandler, AZ