Re: British SU needles in Hitachi/SU carbs

To: info@schauff.be, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: British SU needles in Hitachi/SU carbs
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 09:48:30 EDT
Hello Chris,

     Getting the Nissan needles is not a big problem in the U.S., the problem
is that I don't like the profile of any of them. They are all rich at idle
then lean out too much in the mid range. I first noticed this with the
colortune and confirmed it with the oxygen sensor box. Some are better but
none are really right. I am trying to find one that maintains the correct
mixture across the entire speed range. If you compare the Nissan to the SU
profiles you can see that they had entirely different design ideas. I like
the SU design better, I just need to sort out which one is correct for the
1600 roadster.

                                    keith