Lawyers and such

To: "'roadster.netlist'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lawyers and such
From: Gordon Glasgow <glasgow@serv.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 20:14:36 -0700
I caught a guy on tv one time whom I can only describe as a
comedian/philosopher and I don't know
his name, unfortunately.

He started out talking about the power of prayer and how it is more powerful
than we imagine. He
said a woman friend of his wanted to get her husband out of her life and was
praying very hard for
this. She wound up contracting breast cancer, went through chemo and wound up
having a mastectomy.
The stress was too much for her husband and he left her. She got what she had
prayed for but not in
the way she had expected.

The guy's moral out of this was:
"Love like a poet,  pray like a lawyer!"

datsunmike wrote:

> That's why there are courts and judges - to interpret the laws written and
> the vagaries contained in contracts. Lawyers, I am not one, are often made
> fun of because of the verboseness of their contracts and the language they
> use to couch ideas (among other things). Language is imprecise and can be
> taken different ways by different people and depending on their mood.--

Gordon Glasgow
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org