Re: Roadster wanted

To: glasgow@serv.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Roadster wanted
From: Ronnie Day <rday@bigtex.ci.dallas.tx.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 16:00:01 -0500
What the heck is up with you folks? I've "known" John off and on for the
past several years on the 510 list and know that he's very knowledgeable
concerning 510s and probably other early Datsuns, too. He's also one of
the few folks who would go anywhere in the country to pick up the car he
decides he wants. I honestly feel that the tone of many (most?) of the
the stuff that's posted way too much (IMHO) to the 510 in the recent
past. Maybe we all need to take a break, take a few deep breathes, and
regroup after Shasta.

Speaking of which, we're not coming out, and neither have I finished the
'99 video. Three weeks ago my boss quit with two days notice and a week
later my second level supervisor walked, so I'm sole tech support for 120
desktop machines (in three locations) and 7 servers. I'm also about half
finished replacing the old desktop CPU's with new boxes. I thought I was
busy before these two walked! Needless to say, things have progressed
from nuts right through crazy to total chaos. I do have a little time
during the day to keep an eye on a couple of mail lists, but
unfortunately there's no way to edit at work even if I did have some time.

BTW, just for the record there are a number of variations in the 510 (and
the 240Z, too) other than the obvious 2 door/4 door/wagon differences,
some subtle, some not so subtle, like the roadster. If you're really
interested, contact me off list and I'll point you to the info.

FWIW,
Ron

Ronnie Day
IT Analyst/Computer Systems Manager