Re: <OT> boss w/a pick axe- my scary day

To: SPL311RDST@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: <OT> boss w/a pick axe- my scary day
From: "David A. Fox" <dafox1@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 13:35:48 EDT
Laurie;

My brother-in-law is with DPS out of Tucson.  While he can't personally
assist because it's out of his jurisdiction he recommends you definitely
report the incident and file charges.

Who knows with a good lawyer [is that an oxymoron] you too could be an
entrepreneur in Tempe ;>)

In the meantime cruising in your Roadster is good therapy.

<(©¿©)>
------------------------------
Blue Skies & Calm Waters,
DAFox [SRL311-04646]
Oviedo, Florida
dafox1@hotmail.com

************************************
Yes, it's off-topic, but I gotta vent. Thanks to my Roadster Family for
lending an ear (or eyeball as it would be)

Up until 3:30pm yesterday I was employed by a microchip tape & reel outfit
in Tempe, AZ - Back-End Technologies. Those of you in the industry may have,
or will hear of it as they are growing rapidly w/ambitions to be a US leader
in the field. They do a LOT of work for Motorola and other such large
companies.
The boss is a notoriously abusive hard-@$$. He has always been verbally
abusive to all of his employees, and no one in the office was exempt from
his attacks. For almost a full year I was able to put up wtih it. We
regularly head such things as " I hate you all" coming over the loudspeaker,
official announcements of "Any one who pisses me off today will have their
throat slit", and many variations of the "women are idiots" theme. All
included gratuitious use of the "F-word" and other such colorful language. I
personally was told when my 7 yo little girl was very sick to "Throw the
F***ing thing in the garbage." An unwritten part of my job description was
"damage-control" - smoothing things over with our many vendors after they
had come in contact with him.

Friday was the last straw for me. Our shop is moving and between all of the
confusion created there, and lunches of the office personnel,  the phone did
not get answered for a whole 10 min. It was the wrong 10 min, as the boss
called then. <shaking head> When he got back to the shop he let loose his
fury.

It all came to a head with this hair-triggered, (mentally distrurbed?) VERY
angry guy  screaming directly at me about everything that had pissed him off
that week - and (this is the best ie:SCARIEST part) waving a hand-held
pick-axe type tool directly in my face. I told him to put it down several
times, but he didn't. About then the "background" processing took over, and
I was looking for a way outta the room - condsidering my options if he
actually took a swing at me. I got out of the room physically unharmed, but
shaken, and without a job. I thank the *Powers That Be* for giving Mr.
LeClair the control to NOT slice my head open - but knowing what I do about
him, it easily could have happened.

Shaken, I left - but with enough foresight to photocopy my timecard. I have
two witnesses that were right there in the office, but I have no idea if I
should take this any further. Police? OSHA? ACLU? Overall,  I am just so
glad to be outta there. It did give me bad dreams all last night - I hope
they go away soon.

Roadster Content: now I get to drive around town in it to find a new job.
Thanks for the time.

Laurie
(jobless & shaken in the East Valley)
70 SPL311