Re: Oil drain back tube

To: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.Hall@msfc.nasa.gov>,
Subject: Re: Oil drain back tube
From: "Tom Phelan" <tomph@ispchannel.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 15:14:42 -0400
Hi Phil,

Just happen to be doing an oil change in prep for the trip to Ohio tomorrow.
Here is all you wanted to know about that tube while I have it here in my
hands. According to calipers and oily fingers we have:

Length                                                  4.525 in
Dia                                                        .550 in
Dia of end that goes into housing             .536 in. sloppy fit
Length of tube that is actually in housing  .4 in.
Tube wall thickness                                .035 in.

Personally. I think it's actually .55 in. dia. all the way and then was
orginally forced into the housing until it hit the lip in there.

Hope that helps.

Tom P
SEROC