Re: Bosch Platinum

To: roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bosch Platinum
From: Alan Bent <ajb@squirrel.com.au>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 19:33:53 +1000
Bosch Platinums are evil and should be avoided at all costs!
I saw them when they first came out and thought "wow, platinum, that
sounds
pretty good, I'll buy a set of them". When I installed them one simply
wouldn't
fire at all. I took it back and got a replacement, but the car was
noticably
down on power. A month later the plugs were dead. A set of NGKs were
installed
and my little Fairlady was back to it's old MGB destroying self again.
Some more appropriate uses for a Bosch Platinum spark plug -
1/ They make a great sinker when you are fishing.
2/ Throw them at the neighbours cat when it comes into your yard.
3/ Target practice on the rifle range.
4/ Attach them to a piece of wood to make a nice coat rack.
5/ Attach an old piston ring to it to make a great pacifier for your
baby.
6/ Door stop.
Alan Bent  -  Queensland , Australia
1966 Fairlady SP311  -  1965 Silvia CSP311
1966 Fairlady SP311  -  1964 Fairlady 3 seater SP310
1964 Fairlady 3 seater SP310 - 1964 Cedric Wagon WP31
1963 Bluebird P312 -  1963 Bluebird P312
1963 Cedric P31 - 1964 Cedric Wagon 1964
1969 Super Six G130
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/3823/index.html