Re: More Starter Questions

To: "Thomas Walter" <ra0618@email.sps.mot.com>,
Subject: Re: More Starter Questions
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 19:16:37 -0400
I agree with Tom re: header wrap. I read an article recently that said many
of the people who have been using the wrap are experiencing cracked headers
from all the heat being retained and the many, many heat cycles of using the
wrap in a daily driver. Too much heat for the headers to take.

However you can use a heat shield on the starter. I will be building one out
of Aluminum when I take my engine out to repalce the tranny.

'66 Mike