Re: Wobbly rear end

To: "Miller, Don" <MillerD2@idhw.state.id.us>
Subject: Re: Wobbly rear end
From: Gary Boone <gboone@sisna.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 09:34:35 -0600
Don,
There are at least 3 different types of links that can be added to the rear to
prevent lateral deflection of the springs in cornering: the Panhard rod, the
Watts linkage, and the A-arm.  You can learn more about these in the book "How
to Make Your Car Handle" by Fred Puhn.  There are some photos of a Panhard rod
installed on a Datsun roadster on page 153.  Another benefit of adding a link,
depending on its design, is that the roll center can be significantly lowered.
I just put a Panhard rod on my 2000 auto-xer about  2 weeks ago and had the
first auto-x with the Panhard rod last Sunday...significant cornering
improvement.
Gary Boone
'70 2000 Solex (TWM type)