It runs, It Runs again!!!!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: It runs, It Runs again!!!!
From: Dan Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 10:37:50 -0700
Hello All,
        Well, I thought I would fill you all in on my advancing the dist one
tooth saga.  I very nice lister called me up and talked me through the
procedure.  He even made me repeat it to him twice over the phone..but I still
screwed up.  I removed the dist and then I removed the lower housing and the
drive gear came away with it?? I was not expecting this and had not marked the
position of the gear before hand. So now I had no idea which way it should of
gone back in.  Knowing about where the rotor should point when the engine is at
TDC I slipped the dist drive gear back in..after turning the oil pump shaft
with
a screwdriver to match. Put the whole thing back together and much to the
amazment of my girlfriend it fired right up and purred like a kitten. I had
managed to guess exactly right!!!!!!  I think that this is the only stroke of
good
luck that I have had with the car.
        Now with the pertronics and new non-smog dist the car idles much
much smoother and revs all the way to redline with no problem!!! Its like a new
car!!!  With the timing light I can see that the timing does not jump around
at all.   Yes, very pleased am I.
        One question, how tight should my valve cover nuts be???

        Daniel 69 2000
        SF CA