re:start your engines

To: datsun-roadsters-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: re:start your engines
From: stevair@webtv.net (steven wren)
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 08:36:24 -0700 (PDT)
I would go to a marine/boating supply or maybe even the auto parts
store. Look for an aerosol can of "Marine Engine Stor" by CRC. It is a
fogging spray that expands and spreads a penetrating lubricant
through-out the cylinders.
Remove the spark plugs and spray for a couple seconds into each
cylinder. Then wait a half hour(I am guessing it takes this long to get
thru the rings) Turn the engine a half turn. Spray again to make sure
all areas get a coating.
  It is best to remove the distributor and spin the oil pump with a
drill motor and a blade attachment to get oil pressure to all bearings.
But for 10 months of storage, maybe leave the spark plugs out and turn
the engine over with the starter. See if you get oil pressure. This will
also get fuel into the carbs.
Then re-install plugs and she should fire right up. Keep it at the
lowest idle possible untl warm.
The fogging fluid will smoke a little as it burns off. Good luck!
Steve Wren
AND ... you should pour oil over the cam and do the other tips from Tom
Walter.