Re: Please do not sacrifice an original car!

To: Marc Sayer <msayer1@concentric.net>
Subject: Re: Please do not sacrifice an original car!
From: pkort@cis.picker.com
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 15:35:31 -0400

  Yeah but Shelby didn't destroy a limited production 30 year old car to build
each Cobra.  He helped keep Bristol producing Ace's.  I don't think any of us
would mind if somebody took a 1999 Nissan Whatever and loaded it with a 426
hemi!
  But if some one is dead set on putting a V8 in a roadster, at least use the
Infinity.

Paul
My 2 cents, ... and worth less!

Please respond to Marc Sayer <msayer1@concentric.net>

cc:   datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net (bcc: Paul L Kort/Picker)

eric gilbert wrote:

> There's always going to be the inevitable "kid with the Pinto who wants
> to own a Mercedes" syndrome.
>
> Sad, but people will swap engines deluding themselves on what they
> really own.

Yeah you're right. Probably the worst of these types was that Shelby
guy. Imagine sticking a V8 into an AC Ace of all cars! And then to want
to put a big block Ford in there to boot. Well as you say...:-)

--
Marc Sayer
Editor/Publisher