nothing is unique in Datsunland

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: nothing is unique in Datsunland
From: Geegc@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 17:16:19 EDT
After seeing the fine pix from Shasta and visiting the Solvang gathering for
the second time, I am amazed that there is almost nothing that one can do to
a Datsun that someone hasn't done already, or will do soon thereafter,
without copying.

For an extreme example, in the late 1969 I parked at a naval yard in the SF
Bay Area in my 1966 which by then was painted burgundy with a flat black hood
and a wood veneer dash.  Weirdly, parked in the same lot was another low
windshield, burgundy, flat black hood with wood veneer dash Datsun 1600 in a
bit rougher shape.  Never saw it again.

More recently, some of you have seen my now red car with a beige interior and
red painted dash.  At Solvang 1999 I saw my first ever (other than mine)
beige interior (beautifully done), and at Shasta this year I just saw a pix
of another 1966 with a red painted dash.

There must be a french expression for this.