Re: Random alternator question...

To: walter@omni.sps.mot.com, Richard.B.Chianese@swpc.siemens.com,
Subject: Re: Random alternator question...
From: DemonTSi@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 12:11:41 EDT
walter@omni.sps.mot.com writes:

<< Darn it Richard! Now I have ANOTHER experiment I want to try out. SInce
 the bent metal fan blades are pretty crude, and produce a lower pressure
 area at the front the alternator... seems like a reverse rotation would
 not be such a concern, as it will still produce a difference in pressure.
 My question is how much of a difference. >>

It looks like if you left the cooling fan the way it is and spun the
alternator in the opposite direction, the blades might actually force air
into the alt. I wonder if you can maybe just flip the fan assembly around...?
I guess using an alt designed for reverse-rotation duty might be best, but
maybe not totally necessary...??

Van