Re[2]: It peed on me!

To: daniel@seaport.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, DemonTSi@aol.com
Subject: Re[2]: It peed on me!
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 13:11:20 -0700
Van,

On my '66, my heater controls were frozen up so I didn't know if my heater
worked. I took out the radio console, and cleaned up all the fittings and
cables. Everything was really gunked up. It's not that hard to take apart
and reassemble it all, including the cowl air intake valves.

The toughest part was the inlet valve at the firewall. I also took it apart
and cleaned it up, being very careful not to mess up the moving parts with
any gasket sealer.

I am very surprised at how well the heater works. Even at the low fan setting,
where the fan hardly spins, a lot of heat is delivered. I don't recommend trying
a non-stock unit. Just refurbish the original and you should be happy.

BTW, Ron Hamilton is not going to use the original heater because he wanted air
conditioning, and it's simpler to install with a combined unit. So there's a
reason for you to go non-stock, if you dare!

Fred - So.SF
BADROC