Re: wheel bearings

To: "Paul Strassmaier" <PaulS@dowa.com>, "'pete-3@juno.com'" <pete-3@juno.com>,
Subject: Re: wheel bearings
From: "Chris, Dianna, Corinne and Miles White" <cwhite@worldnetla.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 00:25:48 -0500
Matt,

    Old trick, may or may not save your seal, but as good as the claw
hammer. If you really want to save it, then get a seal puller. Otherwise,
reinstall rotor with seal and bearing intact.

     Install the large outer washer that goes on just before the axle bolt.
 Then screw the axle bolt on about flush with the threads. Leave the outer
bearing off.

      Slide the rotor out and then as the washer contacts the seal( the
rotor will shift down slightly), as the washer is larger it will snatch the
seal and leave the  innner bearing and seal on on the shaft behind the
washer and bolt. It will require a couple of pulls or snatches.

      I've used this technique for years even on my 2000. It works!!

C.F. White
1968 SRL311-05468
Email: cwhite@worldnetla.net
(318) 537-2022