Re: Misc. Questions

To: pshirley@micron.net
Subject: Re: Misc. Questions
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@compctr.ccs.csus.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 14:15:07 PST8PDT
Paul asks:
> After removing my front brake calipers I noticed a thin large washer on
> the floor.  Where did it come from?

I've found there to be a paper-thin washer between the caliper assembly
and the mounting point on the front axle assembly. There should have
been a total of two - one for each of the two mounting points. It's
quite likely that one stuck to either the axle or caliper and you didn't
notice it, the other one fell off and you luckily noticed.

I don't know what their exact purpose is, but I figure that Nissan
stuck them in there for a reason :-)

-- John