Re: Carb Float Chamber Probs....

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Carb Float Chamber Probs....
From: DemonTSi@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 07:25:58 EST
Just some more quick details on my carb symptoms:
The brass float is working perfectly. Looks like new and no probs there. The
needle spring and lever seem to be just fine. Well, everything was working
fine prior to this new development, so I don't think anything could have
knocked them out of whack. As far as the needle's condition is concerned,
there appears to be no signs of exterior wear or tear to anything. I removed
the carb float chamber cover, and blew into the fuel inlet nipple. With the
needle open, air flows freely. With the needle fully closed/up, I do
experience some resistance, but it's not 100% sealed. Should it be? If this
leak is the problem, then that explains why fuel is still dribbling into the
float chamber even when the float is up...leading to my continual fuel
overflow.
But if there is supposed to be that little amount of "leakage" even when the
valve is fully closed, then maybe the problem is that the lever is not pushing
the needle all the way up when in the carb? So that would mean the problem is
the little tab on the lever that actuates the needle...?
Or maybe it's something worse, and the problem IS a worn needle/valve?
Well, it's off to do some more carb investigating...thanks everyone.

Van