Inner rear axle spacer needed

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Inner rear axle spacer needed
From: jschmi7@us.ibm.com
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 16:28:13 -0600
I have had a leaky rear seal on the left side axle.  When I pulled the
axle, I found two things wrong.  The axle has a grove in it where the seal
rides.  It isnt too deep but definiately visable and maybe a 64th deep.
Also the spacer that runs inside of the inside oil seal is missing.  If
looking at the explosion view in the manual, it is the inner most peice.

My questions are first, does anyone have a spare spacer that I could buy.
Secondly,  is that grove worth worrying about?  I dont think I have a spare
axle available. When I slide the seal onto the axle and turn it, while in
the grove,  there is resistance.  I have only pulled one axle so I dont
know if that is common.

John Schmitt    Telecommuter External # - 847-658-7074; Tieline - 698-9887
   Internal phonemail only  -  tl-348-4725 or 240-4725      pager pin#
8710561