Guess the BHP of a Lotus Seven America.

To: lotus@se7ens.net, chapman-era@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Guess the BHP of a Lotus Seven America.
From: John Donohoe <sevenamerica@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 09:01:50 -0800 (PST)
Gentlemen and ladies,

Just a little game to liven up the wintry months:-)
Guess the maximum BHP of my Seven America - stock
948cc Sprite motor though I was told by the previous
owner that it was bored .030 over in rebuild. Still on
cast manifolds and twin SU H1 carbs. I've removed the
aircleaners and installed a pair of stub intake stacks
with wire mesh. The tires on the car are as close to
original diameter as I could find.

I am lucky enough to have had the opportunity to
volunteer my Seven for a rolling road demonstration at
Lotus Engineering in Ann Arbor, Michigan. We have
determined that the 948cc engine will test the lower
limit of their equipment, but it will certainly be an
interesting experience for both myself and the rest of
the Southeast Michigan Lotus Ltd club. Apparently
we'll get our high power jollies from the Elan (26R
spec?) that will also be demo'd.

I am not sure of the demonstration drill, but you
should guess at the highest figure they give me in
whatever gear at whatever rpm. Extra bonus if you
guess maximum torque as well!

The nearest guess will get a Lotus Seven surprise of
some sort, and I'll post the complete report at
SimpleSevens upon completion. Please send your guesses
directly to johnd@simplesevens.com.

Good Luck!
John Donohoe
Seven America 7/B1135