RE: '62 Seven Originality and FRAME #

To: "john donohoe" <gt6driver@yahoo.com>, <chapman-era@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: '62 Seven Originality and FRAME #
From: "Flemming Larsen" <flarsen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 17:53:35 -0700
John,

Small hole in the Lamiplate, larger hole in the aluminum skin.

A small sleeve fits over the bolt, between the inside and the
outside, to prevent distortion of the panels.

This would be easy to check, if you carefully remove the two
rear bolts that hold the wings to the body.

Some previous owner probably lost these sleeves during disassembly
in the past.

Also, check the Lamiplate with a magnet, to see if it is steel.
Many Seven bodies have been reskinned with aluminum panels on the
inside. Dash panel should be of the same material.

Chassis number, if original, should have a fourth digit. There may,
or may not, be a "B" or a "U" in front of the numbers, indicating
the manufacturer of the frame.

-- Flemming Larsen,   SB1825