'62 Seven Originality and FRAME #

To: chapman-era@autox.team.net
Subject: '62 Seven Originality and FRAME #
From: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 10:01:56 -0700 (PDT)
As I go picking through what previous owners did to
SB1135, I'm trying to figure out what may have been
"original" and what is not.

For example... Bolts holding the wings on: rear
portions of front wings, there are bolts which pass
through wing, outer ally panel and inner "lamiplate"
panel. The effect is that the inner and outer panels
are squeezed to the point that there's very obvious
distortion to the outer body panel. Can this be right?
And if not, were "rivnuts" and bolts the proper
attachment method?

If anyone can recommend a guide to this kind of
detail, I'd greatly appreciate it! (I've got Tony
Weale's book which has some good info, but I needs
lots more!)

Though I haven't photographed it yet, the
brazed/welded on plate on the chassis almost certainly
reads 165. It's the six in the middle that's up for
question... might be another five, but it's certainly
a three digit number, with no letter indicating Arch
or otherwise... Flemming, can you check that with Mike
Ostrov?

Thanks,
John D
'62 Seven SB1135