Re: My New Seven

To: "john donohoe" <gt6driver@yahoo.com>, <chapman-era@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: My New Seven
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 07:35:12 -0500
>2) What should redline be for a 948cc BMC engine that
>seems to be in pretty good shape?

Not a big problem.  Unless someone has fitted oversized valves, you can't
rev it high enough to hurt it a healthy engine.  The valves are just too
small to pass enough air.

>I promise to take more detail photos and post them
>online, and look forward to digging up and sharing the
>backgroun on my little piece of "Chapman-era" history!

Don't post them to the list.  Get them on a web site and tell us all where
they are.

Congrats!

1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Chev Suburban
"If I can do it, it's not art"  - Red Green