RE: Seven SB1135 Made an Offer!

To: <Chapman-era@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Seven SB1135 Made an Offer!
From: "Flemming Larsen" <flarsen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 17:33:18 -0700
John,

Before you write the check, you should ask to see the current
registration papers, to see if this car is registered as SB1135.

You should also check with Mr. Doug Davis, 941-495-1133 (Florida).

Mr. Davis is a former (or current) owner of SB1135, and should be
able to identify the car.

I have looked through Mike Ostrovs copies of the original factory
records, and have not been able to match the car with either the
frame number ar engine number you supplied

Earliest Lotus Seven Series II appears to be chassis SB1000, plus
or minus, with a frame numbers starting around #1000.

Frame numbers do not seem to match the chassis numbers, and frames
do not appear to have been used in any logical sequence.

A BMC engine prefix of 8G10RS would have a 5-digit serial number
after the 8G10RS, e.g. 8G10RS12345.

Your engine, 9MUH111422, may have started life in a Morris Minor.

Midget and Sprite engines would have a 9C or 9CG prefix.

-- Flemming Larsen,   SB1825/B1644