Re: Atlanta

To: chapman-era@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Atlanta
From: Betty Braun <elan66@ccia.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 14:25:33 -0800
Keith Gustafson wrote:

> >I probably will not be going to Atlanta, the whole LOG concept sounds
> >very nice, with the 50Th anniversary and all, but the distance will
> >probably be the deciding factor.
>
> Aw, come on, I drove the +2 1000 miles there and 1000 back last time, don't
> be a light weight! ;)

 You have a good point Keith. As far as the reliability of the car, I
have no question of it making the trip. I have been to 8 LOGs with no
trouble at all. However, I have put a fair amount of time in making the
car cosmetically very nice. Since I have no intention of making the car
a trailer queen, I weigh very carefully how far,and how bad I want to
go, against the wear and tear on the car. It takes a lot of work to make
one of these cars look nice, yet, not too many rock chips etc. to trash
one. Don't get me wrong, I like to run the hell out of it as much as the
next guy, just on my own terms. I heard a rumor about Watkins Glen in
'99 though.....

                                Mike Braun