Edelbrock Buick 231 timing chain set in Rover/TR8

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Edelbrock Buick 231 timing chain set in Rover/TR8
From: Russman <russmans@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 13:01:18 -0700
Hey there, just finishing up a new 3.5 for my TR8, and I'm having some
trouble fitting the timing chain under the front cover.  I purchased a
cam button from Rimmer Bros, and with that unit threaded in all the way,
there is still binding between the front of the camshaft and the front
engine cover.  I'm wondering if the Edelbrock timing gears are wider
than the stock units?  Can someone please send me a thickness dimension
of a stock Rover timing gear.  Anyone try this timing chain set? Have
these problems? Any ideas?

Thanks
Russell Bowman
1980 TR8 dhc aqua