Re: 4.6L V8 for Triumph TR8

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 4.6L V8 for Triumph TR8
From: Russell Bowman <russmans@home.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 07:24:13 -0700
Thanks to all who replied on my query.  You guys really are the fountain on info
I was told you were.  While drooling at the RPI site, I noticed a blurb on the
Rover R380 5 spd which they say is a "direct replacement for the LT77."  Anyone
use one of these?  Are they that good?  I'm looking at doing a trans rebuild
this winter along side Willie Parris, but we're always looking for upgrade
alternatives.  Must be hard to find a manual trans Range Rover.  Also wondering
what you folks do for a flywheel/clutch setup.  I guess if the 3.5 unit fit it
would be a somewhat lightened flywheel right off the bat.  Obviously the hotwire
injection is superior, but how much wiring is involved to hook it up?  Someone
wrote to me that he used an earlier (analogue?) system only requiring a few
wires to be plumbed into the car's system.  I have an Edelbrock intake with
Holley 390 on the original motor in the car now, but assume an Edelbrock 500cfm
or Holley 600cfm would be the setup of choice at 4.6L's.  Anyhow, thanks for all
the feedback, now I just need to add money!

Russell Bowman
1980 TR8 DHC 5 spd
Victoria, B.C.
Canada