Re: new name on the list

To: "John Elliott" <john@elliottjohn.fsnet.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: new name on the list
From: "bown" <bown@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 21:38:35 -0600
John,
Welcome to the list. I agree that the Rover/Buick V8 is one of the great
engines of the 20th Century. It was a 'good' engine when General Motors
built it, but I think that Rover made it into a truly 'great' engine.
In 1977 I bought a 1962 Buick Special (215 V8). I drove that car until 1983,
at which time I kept the engine, but sent the body to the scrap yard.  I
have since regretted not keeping the car intact, but at the time it seemed
like the right thing to do.  I have used that engine it in various "Dune
Buggy" applications ever since.  I also have two other 215s (one of which is
of the Oldsmobile variety).
Aside from my 215 V8 projects,  I am also spending time fixing up a 1975
Jaguar XJ6 (actually I have two XJ6 Jags, one that may soon be roadworthy,
and one that is a parts car).
I live near Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Regards,
Jim B