Re: removing a buick 215

To: "John Linville" <bellytk@nh.ultranet.com>
Subject: Re: removing a buick 215
From: "bown" <bown@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 23:51:50 -0600
That's the way I do it. Out through the top, just like almost all other cars
are done. Engine and transmission comes as a single unit. Undo the motor and
transmission mounts. Disconnect the fuel line, throttle linkage, etc. Take
off the hood. Hook up the winch and out it all comes! I would be surprised
if you need the torch. I pull engines quite frequently out of various
things. With four friends helping it should take about an hour (although I
guess that depends on the friends). I can't help but wonder why the owner of
the cars wants to keep it with out the original motor. Do you know what kind
of replacement motor he is going to replace it with?
Have Fun!
Jim B.