Rover V8 Oil Pressure

To: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Subject: Rover V8 Oil Pressure
From: "Glen Wilson" <rstca@hemmings.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2000 06:29:41 -0400
Larry,

Pardon me if I'm jumping into this thread in the middle and have missed
something, but 8-10 psi oil pressure at idle doesn't sound normal to me.
All of my Rover V8s have idled at just around 30 psi on the panel gauge when
started from cold and at normal operating temperatures.  I've had one that
dropped below that at idle when running very hot probably due to thinning of
the oil at high temps.

Also, you should have a good 20W50 weight oil in there such as Castrol GTX
as the oil weight and viscosity affect the pressure.