Re: pertronix

To: "\"Chris \\\"V\\\"\"" <tchris@freewwweb.com>
Subject: Re: pertronix
From: Winn Bearden <wbearden@americus.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 22:28:36 -0400
If you're on a budget, go to the local junkyard and get an HEI dist. out
of a 350 Buick.  Puts out more juice than those aftermarket things
anyhow.  You just have to releive your intake of a lot of material  to
make it fit (but hey, you shouldn't have to pay more than 10 bucks for
one).  Also, some of the older Rover V8's have the oil pump drive
backwards from buick, it means that you might have to lop the end of the
HEI dist. off and put the drive coupling off your Lucas Dist. on it.
HEI's pull a lot of juice, so you might want to use a relay.  Now,
wouldn't you rather go through all this aggrevation rather than spending
lots of money on a plug-in part?  To me, that 90% of the fun of owning
rovers!

--
Winn Bearden          19XX SIIa/SIII/RR 100" Hybrid
P.O. Box 464          1967 NADA 109" SW (in pieces)