Re: What's a T-5 worth?

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What's a T-5 worth?
From: dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us (Dave Williams)
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 11:05:00 -0500
-> shifter is 12.25" on the S-10 T-5, 19.5" on the Ford T-5 (Mustang),
-> and 21.0" o the Camaro T-5.  The Mustang T-5 would be positioned too
-> far back.

 The tailhousing and top plate are a matched pair.  You can unbolt them
and slide them onto any other T5 of the same type (basically, any except
the very earliest ones) and with the same tailshaft length.

 T5s tend to die dramatically by cluster gear failure.  Any shop that
works on T5s probably has a pile of tailhousings and top plates.  If you
can't find a transmission that has what you need, you might be able to
buy the parts to convert it without breaking your wallet.

I've got a secret / I've been hiding / under my skin / | Who are you?
my heart is human / my blood is boiling / my brain IBM |   who, who?
=================================== http://home1.gte.net/42/index.htm