Edelbrock settings

To: "V8 Rover List" <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Edelbrock settings
From: "Glen Wilson" <RoverCar@voicenet.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 23:11:17 -0400
I have an Edelbrock 500 cfm carb (1404) and an Offy/TWR dual port manifold
on my stock SD1 engine.  Initially, I went one step lean on the primaries
(due southwest on the Edelbrock tuning chart), but there seemed to be a lot
of unburned hydrocarbons coming out of the back end.  I just went the second
step lean (southwest again), and the engine seems happier and cleaner.  Does
this sound like a typical setup for a stock SD1?

The secondary jets are also one step lean from stock.

Glen Wilson
Rover Saloon Touring Club of America
http://clubs.hemmings.com/rovercar/rstca.html