Re: (P76 pistons

To: "Paul Johns" <pj@ronscomputers.com.au>,
Subject: Re: (P76 pistons
From: "Pete Bronlund" <peteb@clear.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 07:26:58 +1200
Hi Paul,
For what it's worth when my "tame engine builder" was doing the machining
work on my Rover block i asked the same question. He had a P76 in the shop
for the "works". The chosen pistons were 175 Holden ie from the six of EH
heritage. i don't know if there were problems fitting the wrist-pin but
apparently there are plenty of these 'ole pistons instock here & in OZ. As
an indication that they were good enough, the engine had hell modified heads
and was being built for a stockcar. On the dyno they had a reading of 280+
HP but the dyno started boiling too soon so the rating wasn't close to
correct ( he needs a bigger dyno)! Hope this helps.
Pete Bronlund
ALMAC SABRE (RoverV8 powered kitcar...under construction)