Important Rover V8 EFI Part Interchanges (LONG)

To: Wedge list <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>,
Subject: Important Rover V8 EFI Part Interchanges (LONG)
From: Andrew McKenzie <andmaca@tig.com.au>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 12:38:07 +1000
Hi All,
        For all those people running the airflow meter type EFI on the
Rover V8 I have some important info. I just visited my local Bosch
dealer to pick up a reconditioned airflow meter when the chap that works
their told me he had found several Bosch part interchanges that suit the
Rover V8 with airflow meter EFI.
        The first concerns the cold start injector Lucas part no. 73180
or Rover part no. EAC 1383:
    BOSCH part number:            0 280 170 028
    Interchanges with Bosch:        0 280 170 031
This interchangeable part is roughly half the price over here in
Australia.
        The second concerns the Fuel Injectors Lucas part no. 73178 or
Rover part no. ERC 3620:
    BOSCH part number:            0 280 150 005
    Interchanges with Bosch:        0 280 150 135
This interchangeable part is roughly a third the price over here in
Australia.
                The third concerns the EFI Fuel Pump Lucas part no.
73175 or Rover part nos. CAC 4269 or CAC 2263:
    BOSCH part number:            0 580 464 014
    Interchanges with Bosch:        0 580 464 008
This interchangeable part is roughly half the price over here in
Australia.
            I hope this helps any one with a Rover V8 with EFI, whether
in an SD1, TR8 or kit car. Thanks, Andrew.